Anne Rooney | Director
Fellow Member of Accounting Technicians Ireland.
Fellow Member of Association of Tax Technicians UK.
Technician Member of Irish Institute of Taxation.
Joined FPM Chartered Accountants as a trainee Accounting Technician in 1997.
May 1999: Passed Institute of Accounting Technicians in Ireland Exam.
May 2000: Passed UK Associate of Taxation Technicians exams.
May 2012: Passed Irish Institute of Taxation Technicians exams.
- Member of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
- Part Time Lecturer for Institute of Accounting Technician at Southern Regional College
- Member of HM Revenue & Customs Working Together Team.
- Volunteer Member for Tax for older People (T.O.P).
Regional Winner of individual National Training Awards NI 2010.
Runner up in Accountancy Age, Accounting Technician of the Year Award 2006.
Relevant Experience Includes The Following:
UK ROI Taxation & VAT:
- Director responsible for:
- Preparation and submission of annual income tax returns under self assessment for a large portfolio of clients;
- Applications for tax refunds and double taxation reliefs;
- Advise on extractions of funds from companies;
- Advise clients on tax planning to mitigate their tax liabilities; and
- Dealing with Personal Tax Investigations.
- Assist clients on VAT matters, namely:
- VAT Registration;
- VAT planning to minimise liabilities;
- VAT compliance in UK and RoI;
- VAT on property transactions;
- Dealing with VAT inspections;
- Dealing with VAT disputes; and
- VAT planning for charities.
- Assist clients on PAYE/CIS matters, namely:Cross border PAYE regulations;
- Preparation of end of year return forms;
- Benefits in Kind and salary sacrifice; and
- Construction Industry Scheme.
- Advise clients on capital gains tax implications of share disposals, disposals of personal/ business assets. Also advise clients on retirement from business etc;
- Advise clients on planning opportunities with regard to their businesses i.e.;
- Partnership changes and mergers;
- Move from sole trader to partnership and vice versa; and
- Tax Planning on Gifts.
Inheritance Tax Planning:
- Completion of form IHT account and submission of same to HMRC.
- Advising clients in relation to their exposure to inheritance tax.
- Calculation of potential inheritance tax liabilities.
- Highlighting tax opportunities in relation to mitigation of any inheritance tax liability.
- Advising clients regarding inheritance tax reliefs.
- Advice regarding will planning.
- Experience in the administration of Estates and Trusts including several estates valued in excess of £1m;
- Advise clients on Inheritance Tax Issues both UK and RoI.
RoI Taxation Issues:
- Taxation issues in the Republic of Ireland (RoI) namely;
- Relevant Contracts Tax Compliance.
- Capital Acquisitions.
- Advice on tax refund procedures and double taxation relief.